Here at Reference Audio, we pride ourselves on customer care. So, if you do have an issue with a product you have purchased from us, PLEASE communicate with us. We will do our best to resolve the issue.
Refunds will only be given in accordance with your legal rights once a product is opened. In all other cases, we have our own 14-day return guarantee.
By law, a customer within the UK has the right to withdraw from the purchase of the item within seven days of the date of delivery of the item. We will refund you for the goods within 30 days of receiving your request for cancellation, although a refund will usually be given within a shorter period than this.
If a return is made within the 7 day cooling-off period you will be responsible for paying for the return postage unless the item was delivered to you in error. We recommend that you use a recorded service to return the item, for your protection. Once you have cancelled within 7 days, we expect you to take reasonable care in ensuring the products are returned safely to us.
If we do not receive the item back from you within 14 days of your request for a cancellation, with the packing slip, we may organise the collection of the item from your residence at your cost.
Please note that items such as cut to order cables and other special order items, and those including personalisation are excluded from our returns policy.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason between 7 and 14 days of receipt of the item then you can return it to us for a full refund of the purchase price provided: Our returns procedure is valid for 14 days after receipt of your item, subject to the following.
1) The item is in its original condition as sent out. This means all packaging, including seals and shrink-wrap must be intact.
2) You accept that all items will be thoroughly checked and tested and you will only receive the refund on completion of these tests to our satisfaction.
3) Please ensure that goods are sent by recorded delivery or courier. We will not accept liability for any goods lost in transit.
4) Customers are responsible for delivery charges back to Reference Audio Ltd, unless otherwise stated.
5) HIFI Items are new only when boxed and sealed, and their value is diminished when the seals are broken and the item is unboxed. The job of the in store demo or home demo is to make sure we get the right item for you. If you choose to order and purchase an item unheard and unseen then you accept the risk that this item may not be to your taste, both acoustically and aesthetically. In the instance where a purchase is made and the sound signature (after any potential break in period) is not to your liking then we will work with you to find another solution that does, or a restocking fee will be applied. Full cash refunds will not be given in this instance.
Opened goods will only be accepted if they are faulty.
Items Exempt from Return
Some items, once opened, cannot be returned under health and safety stipulations. This primarily includes (but is not limited to) headphones and headphone accessories.
When you decide that you wish to return an item, email us at email@example.com, with the original order number, details of the item to return and return reason. Please also state if you would like a refund or a replacement (subject to availability). We will then send you a return reference number with details of where to send the item.
Package the item securely and return it to the address sent to you. Please include a copy of the returns email and the original invoice.
In the unlikely event that an item you have purchased from Reference Audio is faulty, you have a right to return the item within a reasonable amount of time. You may find it more convenient to contact the manufacturer of the item who may be able to solve the problem for you. If the item becomes faulty within 30 days of receipt, please contact our refunds department at firstname.lastname@example.org. After 30 days please contact customer services who will work to rectify your problem. We do not cover faults covered by accidents, neglect, normal wear and tear, or defective installation and/or operation outside the manufacturer's recommended use.
Note: we will test all items and if they are found not to be faulty, we reserve the right to return them to you and charge you the delivery cost.
This returns guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
Any further queries regarding our returns policy please contact us.